Friday, February 7, 2014

At the Wrong Moment

Well, what can I say? I guess I've waited too long. I guess I was too chicken to confess to her earlier. I guess, I was too late.

I knew there was something going on between the both of us. The occasional wink, the flirtateous smile, the sudden nudge in the ribs or the stinging pain of a punch in the arm. If those weren't 'something', then what is.

In the back of my mind, the constant humming of 'TELL HER. TELL HER'. But the other counter reply was, 'NO...' I knew better. I didn't tell her then. But all the flirts went on.

Until on the day before Valentine's day, I did.
'Hey Lydia? What are you going to do tomorrow?' She gave a silent flip through her mental calender. 'Erm...nothing. Why?'

It now or never.

'Well, I kinda have this sort of feelings for you...and well, I wanna ask if you wanna get some dinner and watch a movie after that tomorrow?'

I saw a sad but awkward smile. I knew that I was screwed.

'I'm sorry...I don't know how to say this, but, I actually thought I have fallen for you awhile back...but I didn't know whether was I just feeling all that by myself...now, I don't feel anything at all...I'm sorry.'

No comments:

Post a Comment