Monday, February 17, 2014

One, Two, Three

I took the lock and the key, ready to snap the lock shut. "Do you want to like, write something on the lock before locking it?" I looked at him just for a moment before saying, "Yeah... why not?"

We were at the Love Lock bridge, Pont des Arts, Paris. It was on out to-go list when we got together 4 years back. And now we are.

He took out a marker from his pocket. "So, what do you wanna write?" I shrugged. Without hesitating, he scribbled something on our light blue padlock. It read,

Al ♥ Ms

Our initials. It was plain. It was simple. And I liked it. I took the pen away from him and wrote at the back of the lock:

Forever, no matter what.

I took the lock from him, blowing the wet ink to dry.

Meeting him was by chance to be honest.

I was at a cafe, my book opened, a piece of lemon cheesecake and a cup of tea. And he was just opposite of me. We exchanged glances before he decided to come over to say  And just like that, that's how both of us, to complete strangers meet, and eventually fell in love.

Over the years, we are still as close as ever.

"Ready to lock it?" he asked. I smiled and gave a nod. We found a spot where out padlock would stand out from the others and lock it.

"You wanna throw it?" he asked again, handing me the key. "Why not we do it, together."

We stood with our backs facing the river.

One, two, three. There goes the key, into the water.


(I wrote this because I forgot to upload during Vday. And no, it did not happen. I am sitting in my uni's cafe, finished a cheesecake, supposong revising my theory textbook with a cup of hot English Tea. I got this idea from my first relationship when he and I then really do a to-go list when we entered out second year being together. I guess I am writing what would happened if we really are at the bridge. Well, I guess we won't, after all. Anyways, happy belated Vday guys.)

No comments:

Post a Comment