Saturday, August 9, 2014

LDRs?

I salute those who went through a long distanced relationship, and succeeded.

In LDRs, physical contact is never there, that's why we don't fall in love with looks, sexual attraction or other materialistic stuff, but on the stripped down personalities of each other. No kisses, no hugs, no way of finding the other half when you need them. The only thing you would have, is communication.

Isn't all love and relationships should be based on communication? I think it should be. LDRs test this. You only could look at each other through a screen, hear each other's voice through the phone, but can't feel the beside you, holding you and such.

To be honest, I thought I despise LDRs. But, both of my past relationships are based on that. I only could meet my first boyfriend once a week, or even once a month because we stay in different parts of the state and we were just 14 and 15 then. But he left for the land down under, and I thought I couldn't take LDRs. The second one, was basically 99% communication through the phone, social media and letters. That 1% was when I first met him face to face. Isn't that considered a LDR? To me at that time wasn't, because we were still in the same country. But when he left for his studies in the UK, I couldn't stand it. Wasn't 2 of those scenarios both a LDR? What was I thinking? Because of the fact I thought I could not stand a LDR, I had to break it? I was in one all this while.

What is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment